Surprisingly, I found some reasonably explained good health aspects of Marijuana ("Ganjika", "Soma Ras" in Hindu texts) used in correct preparation and measure.
I am personally against use of drugs. This post is only an insight.
I just hate this phrase. Simply because it has become a tool to use it criminally against certain groups. My parents, and even every other parent, does a bit of 'policing' to upkeep the morality of their children, especially the girls. Why do they do that? Why couldn't they just let them grow with their own intellect to understand the world? Why do a mother object her daughter wearing skirts above the knee or a top that is not so covering? Why there are parents who, though not making it obvious, are careful of what their daughters or sons do? If I had a daughter I would be protective about her too. But can the same be applied to groups that has taken up rights to be protective of the 'culture'? Religions must have started this way. They are the first ones to make rules for people to follow and live within morals. Only Islam issues fatwa against those of its followers who do not abide by the Islamic law to the last detail. Hinduism or Christianity do not have equival...
Orissa: VHP turns violent and burns Churches. Hmm! ok. There is a history to Orissa-Christianity-Tribals. "The VHP launched its violent onslaught claiming it wants to stop conversions to Christianity, accusing Churches of proselytising." - AsiaNews.IT (Fact file of conversions happening since 200 years among Tribals of Orissa is given below) So they mean there were no conversion attempts? Is it a false claim by VHP? They DO NOT Convert Hindus and Tribals to Christianity? What other agenda do their missionaries have? On Christmas Day it (VHP) celebrated for instance the “return” (barbaratan or ‘coming home’) to Hinduism of 82 families or 187 Christians, 103 men and 84 women, at a ceremony in the village of Chikita in Sundergarth District (Orissa) that included receiving images of Hindu divinities. 82 families or 187 Christians were Hindus earlier! They accept that fact don't they? Now the same converts are willingly coming back to Hindu fold. Why? Why couldn't they hav...
In the year 1998 I had an opportunity to live on my own outside India. My experience of shopping in the US gave me a glimpse of Buying Power. I did not bother much to buy a $1000 handy cam, which if I had to buy in India at that time would not have been possible simply going by cost of living at that time. A car costing half a million to couple of million dollars were available too. No I couldn't buy or even dream of one of those, but Americans could buy such expensive cars. Modern Indian Coins But shopping at a mall or a mexican grocery shop was reasonable for me. At the counter the girl generates a quick (no mental math even for a 10 + 90 + 1.30 + 5) automatic billing machine. Prints out $2.35 + tax. Say around $3.11 something. I would have change 10+5 cents. I pay $3 and 15 cents and walk out. She calls me back, hands over the change 4 cents (four 1 cents!) There were days when my father could not afford to buy us crackers on Diwali. We were not rich or even medium rich. My...
Comments